Our two locations in Brandon work together to provide a meaningful presence through the Western Communities Foundation.
With combined workforce of 26 employees, we have a lot of enthusiasm and support for the Support the Cause campaign, with many people volunteering for our fundraising activities such as internal draws, auctions for goodies, and paying to wear jeans. Our Walk Day is always very festive and a great success with everyone turning out in their red shirts.
Both branches also host a matching grant activity – one hosts a barbeque, and the other holds a bake sale. These activities have been very successful for us.
We’ve been able to make the following contributions to our community:
- $5000.00Teen Challenge: New Women’s Residence
- $2300.00 Kario House (CPC)
- $2300.00 Meredith Place (YWCA)
- $2250.00 Annual High School Bursaries
- $1,000 to the United Way
- $5,000 toward the YMCA’s new building project
- 50 new baby boxes for the local pregnancy crisis centre
- $4,000 to Sam House’s new location renovations
- $500 toward the CNIB office upgrades
- 22 fleece blankets for the YWCA’s women’s shelter
- $5,000 toward completion of the KCM Skate Park
- High school Bursaries totalling $10,240 to student graduating from our three local high schools
- $10,000 toward a new “Calm in the Storm” phone app for farmers